Directions to The Royal an Lochan
By road from Glasgow
Scenic route :
- Leave Glasgow on the M8.
- Leave the M8 at J30 onto the M898 for Erskine Bridge.
- Turn left of the bridge onto the A82. Follow A82 up Loch Lomond to Tarbet.
- Turn left here onto the A83.
- Over the Rest-and-be-Thankful mountain pass (this is where the scenery starts), then take the left turn A815 to Dunoon.
- At Strachur turn right onto the A886. After the Clachan of Glendaruel turn right onto the A8003 which brings you right to the hotel. Be sure to stop off at the Tighnabruaich Viewpoint on the way.
- Leave Glasgow on the M8. Continue on the A8 to Greenock.
- At Greenock take the A770 and take the Western Ferries ferry from McInroy’s Point (Gourock) to Hunter’s Quay (Dunoon).
- After leaving the ferry turn right and drive to the head of Holy Loch.
- Take the left turn onto the B836
- At the end of this road turn right onto the A886 and shortly afterwards turn left onto the A8003 which brings you right to the hotel.
By road from Kintyre
- Take the CalMac ferry from Tarbert to Portavadie.
- Leave the ferry and drive to the cross-roads at Millhouse
- Continue straight ahead following the B8000 to Tighnabruaich.
- Follow the road past Kames post office down the hill and along the shore to the hotel on your left.
View the Tarbert to Portavadie ferry timetable.
The hotel lies on the Kyles of Bute, Firth of Clyde. We have our own mooring buoys at 55° 54′ 4″ N, 5° 14′ 16″ W.
Why not download and print our Royal an Lochan Directions (PDF) so you can take your location directions with you.
Just back from a very relaxing and enjoyable stay. Lovely comfortable room with stunning views. Food excellent in restaurant, bar and at breakfast. Owners and staff interested and helpful. Looking for ...