The Royal an Lochan respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information at all times.
This Privacy Notice sets out: (i) how we use your personal information; and (ii) your rights in relation to your information.
We act as the data controller in relation to the personal data which you provide to us when booking our accommodation.
It is necessary for us to hold and process certain personal information about you in order to enable us to process your accommodation booking. This may include the following information:
• Email address
• Home address
• Telephone number
• Payment information
• Names of any guests travelling with you
We may also be required to process such additional personal information about you as is necessary to enable us to manage our relationship with you and provide services from time to time.
How we use your information
In most cases, we will use the information we hold about you for the following purposes / activities and in accordance with the following lawful grounds for processing personal data:
We may use your personal information to provide you with information for marketing purposes on goods, services and/or promotional offers that may be of interest to you. You may receive marketing communications from us directly if you have used our online booking system and you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
When you use our services, we may send you a questionnaire or invite you to provide a review about your experience with our website.
Please note that we will obtain your express opt-in consent before we share any of your personal information with any third party for marketing purposes.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by contacting us at the email address set out below.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
We may need to share your information with third parties who act on our behalf or provide services to us. We require all such third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We will require to disclose your information to our data processor, the Queensborough Group. The Queensborough Group administers the online booking system on our behalf. Accordingly, the Queensborough Group will require to process your personal data in the course of operating the online booking system. Your information will also be disclosed to HotelHost Company and Rackspace, both of which are sub-processors for the Queensborough Group. Both of these sub-processors store data in order to enable the Queensborough Group to operate the online booking system.
In addition to our data processor, we may also require to disclose your information to the following categories of recipients: (i) other group companies; (ii) our third party service providers; (iii) our professional advisers, including but not limited to legal advisers; (iv) payment providers and other financial organisations; (iv) our suppliers; (v) our trade and business associates; (vi) central and local government; (vii) regulatory authorities; (viii) third parties with whom we negotiate commercial agreements; (ix) insurers; and (x) third party marketing companies where we have obtained express opt-in consent from you).
We will collect personal information directly from you. We may also obtain information about you from our data processor, the Queensborough Group and other third parties providing services in connection with the operation of our online booking system.
If your personal details change at any time, please inform us as soon as possible to ensure that all information held about you remains accurate and up to date.
We do not transfer your personal information outside the European Economic Area.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information which we respect and aim to uphold in everything we do. These include the following:
• you can ask us for a copy of the information we hold about you and a description of how we use that information (i.e. subject access request);
• if you believe any information we hold on you may be inaccurate or incomplete, and you are unable to correct this information yourself, you can require us to rectify these inaccuracies;
• you can require us to erase your information in certain circumstances (i.e. the right to be forgotten);
• where we process your information using automated means on the basis of your consent or to perform the agreement. you can request that we supply such information to another party (i.e. the right to data portability);
• you can require us to restrict our use of your information or object to how it is used in certain circumstances;
• where we process your information on the basis of our legitimate interests, you have the right to object to us processing your information in certain circumstances;
• where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to object to us processing your information; and
• where you have given your consent to us to process your information for particular purposes (e.g. to share your information with third party marketing companies), you may withdraw this consent at any time, provided that this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you exercised the right to withdraw your consent.
If you have any questions about how we use your information or you wish to contact us about your rights or if you have any complaints about our use of your information, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will do our best to answer any question and resolve any complaint to your satisfaction. However, if you feel that we have not resolved your complaint, please note that you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office.
Please note that this Privacy Notice may be updated by us from time to time. Any updates will be notified to you by e-mail.